Totus Tuus is a Catholic summer youth program dedicated to sharing the Gospel through catechesis, Christian witness, Eucharistic worship, and Marian devotion. The goal of Totus Tuus is to help young people grow in their faith in Jesus Christ and have fun in the process.
“Totus Tuus ego sum et omnia mea tua sunt.” Thus begins the episcopal motto of the late Holy Father, John Paul II: “I am totally yours, and all that I have is yours.” With these words, John Paul II inspired and continues to inspire men and women from all over the world to entrust their lives completely to Jesus Christ through the Virgin Mary. Mary’s total devotion to the will of the Father is the model for Totus Tuus, as it seeks to respond to John Paul II’s urgent call for a “New Evangelization.” We hope to instill these virtues in the young people.
The Mission of Totus Tuus is to inspire in young people a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for conversion, and a personal renewal within the context of a stronger prayer life. Through evangelization and catechesis, Totus Tuus seeks to foster openness to the sacrifices and blessings of the various Christian vocations.
The methodology, structure, content, and enthusiasm of Totus Tuus is concerned not only with teaching the faith, but also igniting the hearts of the team members and young people. The result has been the formation of young adults who continue to dedicate themselves to the Church’s mission of evangelization.
Totus Tuus seeks to foster openness to vocations in the young people we serve as well as among the teachers. This is accomplished by placing special emphasis on the importance and necessity of prayer, Eucharistic devotion, and Marian devotion, in addition to catechetical instruction and formation in the Catholic faith.
Read about Totus Tuus in the New Catholic World.
Totus Tuus calls upon college students and seminarians from Chicago and across the United States to carry out its mission. Those hired are trained and put into teams of four (two men and two women) to go out into a parish for a week and put on a “parish mission for youth” in order to teach and inspire. They conduct these missions for six weeks during the summer.
Much of the success of Totus Tuus is due to the college-age teachers whose zeal for Christ and His Church inspire young people to lives of radical holiness. Furthermore, teachers of Totus Tuus often discover their own vocation as they too are inspired to lives of deeper devotion. Historically, approximately 12% of Totus Tuus team members pursue formation in the priesthood or religious life.
For more information check out our “For Teachers” page
Faith, Friends and Fun Day is a one-day, high impact camp for young men and women who are ready to take their faith to the next level. Come on out with lots of others your age for a day-long camp that you will never forget! The day will include sports, food, discussions, prayer, and mass. You will also get to meet new friends your age, some seminarians, sisters, priests, and Jesus in the Sacraments too! Location and date: to be determined soon!
For more information check out our Faith, friends, and Fun page.
1) If you would like to learn more about what it takes to bring Totus Tuus to your parish please visit the page “For Parishes”.
2) If you are interested in being a Totus Tuus Teacher or you know someone who might be a good candidate, please access the “For Teachers” page.
3) If your parish is already hosting Totus Tuus, please speak with your parish contact directly about any volunteer needs.
4) We welcome and rely on your prayers to fulfill this ministry that God has called us to. Please pray for our staff, the teachers, and all of the past, present, and future Totus Tuus students. They are not only the future of the Church, they are called to be disciples today and need your prayers. If possible please make a prayer commitment to support this ministry.
5) Finally, we would be most appreciative of any financial assistance that you could offer. As our program continues to grow and reaches out to more parishes, we need the financial resources to help cover our expanding costs such as travel, training of our teachers, office help, and parish scholarships. Know that your gift to the Lord will be used to fund and support the faith development of countless youth and young adults, and we are most grateful for any gift you can offer. Please make all checks out to the Archdiocese of Chicago and mail to: Vocation Office, 835 N. Rush Street Chicago, IL 60611.